- What are your hours/days of business?
- Are you accepting new patients?
- Do you accept out-of-town patients?
- Where are you located?
- Do you provide sedation dentistry?
- Do you provide teeth whitening treatments?
- Do you replace silver/mercury fillings with natural colour fillings?
- Can you help with the treatment of gum disease?
- Can you treat snoring?
- Can you provide relief from chronic headaches, facial pain or migraines?
1. What are your hours/days of business? Our office is open:
2. Are you accepting new patients? We are pleased to accept new patients.
Please call 604-669-1111 or submit our online form to request an appointment.
3. Do you accept out-of-town patients? Out-of-town patients are welcomed on either an emergency or pre-planned basis. For pre-planned visits, please email or call prior to your visit to confirm that we will be able to provide you with the best possible service in your preferred timeframe.
4. Where are you located? Downtown Dental is conveniently located, as you might expect, in Downtown Vancouver, one block from the excitement and shopping of Robson Street.
You can see us on a map here.
Our address is:
1328 Alberni Street,
Our phone number is: 604-669-1111
5. Do you provide sedation dentistry? Many people are very apprehensive about having dental treatment.Our dentists recognize this fact, and offers a pill that alleviates anxiety, which is taken before your appointment. Many patients find that they are sufficiently relaxed to fall asleep during their treatment. Please let us know if you feel that sedation dentistry might help you.
6. Do you provide teeth whitening treatments? Our dentists have been whitening teeth for 20 years and have discovered the most favourable laser-bleaching technique called “DEEP BLEACHING.”We also offer the conventional custom take-home trays which work well, but the laser-bleaching technique is superior.If you are perfectly happy with the size and shape of your teeth, but would like to see them whiter, this is the answer.
7. Do you replace silver/mercury fillings with natural colour fillings? Our dentists were among the first dentists to stop using fillings that contained mercury. That was over 20 years ago, long before some of the health questions about mercury were being raised.While still an area of debate, the use of mercury has been banned by many countries and Health Canada has recommended limiting the number of fillings that contain mercury in pregnant women.The tooth-coloured fillings are much more difficult and more expensive to place, but we have developed a great technique over the years to make them very successful. The added benefit is that the tooth-coloured fillings help to strengthen the tooth.
8. Can you help with the treatment of gum disease? Gum disease is likely the most common chronic infection in our body. We incorporate Laser Gum therapy into our treatment, which can reduce the need for costly and uncomfortable gum surgery.
9. Can you treat snoring? Snoring is a huge problem for many people. Various treatments, including laser surgery, have had some success.Snoring is a result of the vibration of the soft tissues in the back of the throat. At night, when the jaw and tongue drop back, the airway is reduced and vibration occurs.Utilizing a dental appliance that keeps the jaw forward, many people have found a great reduction in their snoring.Some people who suffer from snoring also have sleep apnea, which usually goes undiagnosed. If you are a poor sleeper, do not wake up feeling refreshed, and often feel tired during the day, this could be your problem. Sleep apnea has been called “the silent killer,” as fatigue can result in many accidents.Our dentists have special training in the diagnosis and appliance fabrication for these conditions.
10. Can you provide relief from chronic headaches, facial pain or migraines?Most facial pain and headaches are muscular in nature. It has been discovered that most headache sufferers clench and grind their teeth at nighttime while they are sleeping.We were the first in Vancouver to use the elegant and small NTI device that has been successful in eliminating many people’s suffering. You might have seen us on Canada AM being interviewed about our use of this NTI device.We have been able to help about 80% of those clients who suffer from migraine headaches, which are difficult to treat, by reducing their symptoms.In some cases, reconstructing worn teeth, or replacing missing teeth can also help headache patients.